Stanthorpe players back home playing for Border Bushrangers
TWO players who starred for Gatton in last season's Toowoomba Rugby League competition will play for the Border Bushrangers in the South West Country Carnival at Miles on April 11.
Jason Wilmot and Brendan Perkins played for Gatton last season but are back with their hometown club Stanthorpe this season playing in the Border competition.
Wilmot will combine in the halves with Killarney five-eighth Chris McGregor, a player who has been involved in premiership wins in the past two seasons.
Selectors used the recent round robin at Tenterfield to select the team which will play under Tenterfield-based coach Butch Smith.
The day at Miles is the first stage for players keen to make the Queensland Outback side this season.
1. Jarrod McIntosh Stanthorpe
2. Jordan Binge-Swan Stanthorpe
3. Tom Cameron Stanthorpe
4. Marc McGrady Wallangarra
5. Ryan McIntosh Stanthorpe
6. Chris McGregor Killarney
7. Jason Wilmott Stanthorpe
8. Kyle Marsh Stanthorpe
9. Jake Kelly Tenterfield
10. John Trindall Killarney
11. Jack Daniel Tenterfield
12. Brendan Perkins Stanthorpe
13. Jim Loneragan Tenterfield
14. Ashley Flemming Wallangarra
15. Richard Taber Wallangarra
16. Wayne Woodbridge Wallangarra
17. Brett Lambert Killarney
18. Brendan Minns Tenterfield
19. Farron Anderson Wallangarra
20. Josh Airs Wallangarra
21. Jeremy Parker Tenterfield
21. Josh Lucas Tenterfield
Coach: Graham (Butch) Smith