Mark Steketee waits for chance at Brisbane Heat
WARWICK paceman Mark Steketee has his next chance to play for the Brisbane Heat in the game against Melbourne Stars on Sunday at the Gabba.
Steketee was one of three specialist pacemen in the squad of 13 selected to travel to Stadium Australia in Sydney on Sunday night to play against the Sydney Thunder.
When the 11 was finalised, last season's leading wicket-taker Sam Gannon and new recruit Ryan Duffield were the two in the final 11.
With the inclusion of Englishmen Andrew Flintoff, the Heat has plenty of all-rounders and went into the game against the Thunder with New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori backing the pacemen and all rounders.
It was a game some bowlers might have preferred to miss as Thunder pair Mike Hussey and Jacques Kallis took the long handle to all bowlers each scoring 90s in a total of 1-208. The Heat was dismissed for 152.
- December 28 v Stars at Gabba
- January 2 v Hurricanes at Blundstone
- January 4 v Strikers at Gabba
- January 8 v Scorchers at WACA
- January 11 v Sixers at Gabba
- January 13 v Renegades at Etihad
- January 15 v Hurricanes at Gabba