Storms near Boonah, Rathdowney
SEVERE thunderstorms are affecting areas near Boonah and Rathdowney and are moving towards the east to northeast, according to the Bureua of Meteorology.
The Bureau issued the warning at 5.19pm and said the storms were forecast to affect the area between Boonah and Beaudesert, Mount Barney and Lamington National Park by 6.15pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Emergency Management Queensland advises:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure loose outdoor items.
- Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
- Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
- Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
- For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219.