Sturt takes shield again
IT was not the year to overpower Sturt after the team which has won for several years again took the shield with 1044 points at the Years 4-7 Warwick West State School athletics carnival.
Sturt captains Olivia Noble and Bradley Morrish congratulated team-mates on their outstanding efforts and Mitchell and Cordeaux for their sportsmanship.
With only three points ahead of Mitchell, Cordeaux finished in second place on 811 points and principal Jason Callcott was proud of all pupils’ efforts.
Simeon Burrill setting a 12 years boys’ discus record with a throw of 24.20m and Chris O’Neill the 10 years discus record by 1.71m with 20.65m.
Two relay records were set for the 4 x 80m girls (59.45 seconds) and boys (59.90s).
- 9 years age champions – Brendan Hoffman and Isabella Mountain.
- 10 years champions – Cody Bridgeman and Bree Higgins.
- 11 years champions – David Day and Emily Wise.
- 12 year champions – Simeon Burrill and Rachel Kraak.
- 13 year champions – Matthew O’Leary and Justine Washbourne.