Sunshine Coast’s fastest growing schools revealed
THE Sunshine Coast schools that are booming have been revealed.
An analysis of Federal Government data has revealed the Sunshine Coast region schools where student numbers have risen the most in the past five years.
Between 2013 and 2018 enrolment at Blackall Range Independent School increased by 204.3 per cent, faster than any other school in the region.
The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) figures are the most up to date enrolment numbers that include all state and private schools nationally.
According to the latest public data that includes public and private schools, student numbers have grown from 23 to 70, the fastest growth in the region.
The second fastest growing school was Brightwater State School, where the student body increased by 143.1 per cent between 2013 and 2018. Enrolment numbers grew from 434 in 2013 to 1055 in 2018.
Coolum Beach Christian College had the third-biggest enrolment boom in the area with 136 more students at the school in 2018 than in 2013 - a 61.8 per cent increase.
Sunshine Coast's fastest-growing schools:
- Blackall Range Independent School: 204.3 per cent change
- Brightwater State School: 143.1 per cent change
- Coolum Beach Christian College: 61.8 per cent change
- Coolum State High School: 55.3 per cent change
- Montessori International College: 54.8 per cent change
- Currimundi Special School: 43.1 per cent change
- Peregian Springs State School: 42.4 per cent change
- Yandina State School: 37.6 per cent change
- Burnside State High School: 37.4 per cent change
- Good Shepherd Lutheran College: 35.1 per cent change