WHEN Brisbane's Bill Martin farewelled his 17-year-old son Tim one morning in 1999, little did he realise the next time he saw him, his body would be a charred, blackened shell.

The gut-wrenching horror of Tim's workplace electrocution returns to haunt Mr Martin every time he hears of a workplace death - and for that reason he has relived the trauma for a new WorkSafe video (see above).

"He got the full force of all that power, it went all over him and right through him," Mr Martin recalls in the video.

Bill Martin hopes the death of his son Tim (inset) may help prevent similar tragedies.

"When they got him down, he was just basically a charred body.

"He was taken into intensive care. I didn't even recognise he was my own son. My beautiful boy was not a beautiful boy, he was devastated.

More on this story at Brisbanetimes.com.au



Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

Asbestos scare spreads to primary school

The number of children with possible exposure to asbestos grows

Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos

Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos...

Hundreds of children potentially exposed to asbestos over months.

SICKENED: 'Getting tackled, heads rubbed into the ground'

premium_icon SICKENED: 'Getting tackled, heads rubbed into the ground'

How Collegians found out soil was contaminated with asbestos.

Local Partners