10 things to do this weekend on the Southern Downs
1. Country music star performs at RSL
THE Warwick RSL will host country music star Adam Harvey on his Family Life tour tonight.
Harvey will be joined on stage by special guests The Sunny Cowgirls and Luke O'Shea.
For more information or tickets, phone the RSL on 46618547.
- Where: Warwick RSL
- When: Tonight, 7pm for 8pm start
- Cost: Adults $35, children 15 and under $15
2. Poppies bloom in Remembrance Field
THE Remembrance Field at Glen Aplin is open to the public for free in the lead up to Remembrance Day.
Visitors will be able to see the field of gorgeous red poppies in full bloom and pause to remember Australian servicemen and women.
- Where: Das Helwig Haus, 113 Mt Stirling Rd, Glen Aplin
- When: Daily
- Cost: Free
3. Last chance to see quilt exhibition
QUILT lovers have one last weekend to check out the State of the Art exhibition in the Warwick Art Gallery.
The exhibition features a range of stunning quilts made by members of the Queensland Quilters.
- Where: Warwick Art Gallery
- When: Today, 10am to 4pm, Tomorrow and Sunday 10am to 1pm
- Cost: Free
4. Rodeo and campdraft action
THERE will be rodeo and campdrafting galore at the Warwick Showgrounds from today to Sunday.
The rodeo action today will start at 5pm with poly buckjumps and Round 1 of the Warwick Rodeo Australian Championships from 6pm
It will be a 6am start tomorrow for Round 1 of the Frasers Livestock Stallion Draft followed by Saturday rodeo action.
The rodeo events will break for the final of the stallion draft at 11.30am tomorrow, then more rodeo action and at 2pm the final of the Canning Downs Campdraft.
From mid-afternoon, it will be all rodeo action and then Round 3 of the championship finals.
On Sunday, it will be round 2 of the Pryde's EasiFeed Warwick Gold Cup from 5am with rodeo action from 10am, the cup final at noon and Round 4 of the rodeo championships from 1.30pm. Adults pass $25 a day, $15 students and pensioners, $5 for children 5-14. A family pass is $50.
5. Clifton ready to race for cup action
SPRING racing fever has hit Clifton ahead of the town's annual race day this weekend.
There will plenty of live entertainment, food, bar and activities for the kids.
The event will include a Fashions on the Field competition and a quality five-race card.
- Where: Clifton Recreation Grounds
- When: Tomorrow, Gates open at 11am - racing from 1.35pm
- Cost: Adults $10, Pensioners $5 and Under 15 free
6. Rainbow run for Texas Kindy
TEXAS residents are getting their running shoes on for a colourful event this weekend.
The Texas and District Kindergarten is holding a Rainbow Run to celebrate the health and happiness of children in the community.
The event will include music, live entertainment and activities, markets and food and drinks.
- Where: Texas Golf Club
- When: Tomorrow, 9am - registrations from 8am
- Cost: 1km run $5, 2km run $10, 4km $15 or 8km $25
7. Hit the green for golf and bowls day
GOLFERS and bowls fans are being encouraged to join in the fun of the Dalrymple Seat Golf-Bowls Day tomorrow.
Teams can battle it out on the golf course and bowls lawn for a variety of prizes including the novel Dalrymple Seat trophy.
- Where: Allora Sports Club
- When: Tomorrow, from 2pm
- Cost: $20 per person for teams of three
8. Battle anniversary dinner in Town Hall
CELEBRATE the 600th anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt with a special dinner in the Warwick Town Hall.
The St George Society is hosting the dinner to commemorate the anniversary of the battle.
Profits will go the Warwick Community Performing Arts, who are entertaining on the night.
Tickets are $55 each, available by phoning 46617244 or 46615051.
- Where: Warwick Town Hall
- When: Tomorrow night, 6.30pm
- Cost: $55 each
9. Digital photography made easy for locals
PHOTOGRAPHER Lyle Radford will be hosting a workshop in Stanthorpe this weekend.
Participants will learn tips and tricks of digital photography.
For more information, phone Lyle on 0407373806.
- Where: Vineyard Christian Church
- When: Tomorrow, 9am
- Cost: $110 for the day
10. Grab a bargain at ute and boot
STANTHORPE'S Woolworths car park will be filled with stallholders at a ute and boot sale this weekend.
Fresh local produce, arts and crafts are among the bargains waiting to be found.
- Where: Stanthorpe Woolworths car park
- When: Sunday, 8am to noon
- Cost: Free (don't forget spending money)