Tom springs into action to raise money for Youngcare
DISABILITY Action Week is just around the bend and Warwickite Tom Potts has been hard at work to ensure this year's event is better than ever.
It was Tom's idea to run a fundraiser during the week to help raise money for Youngcare.
"They do a good job at caring for young people with disabilities," Mr Potts said.
Tom has approached numerous businesses around town collecting items for the multi-draw raffle.
Also on the calendar for Disability Action Week, which is from September 6-13, is a swim-a-thon, for which Tom said he had been training very hard.
"I always wanted to do a swim-a-thon," he said.
"I come swimming every Monday night."
But participating and selling raffle tickets is not all Tom is looking forward to.
There will be an auction during the Disability Expo on September 12 and Tom will be the auctioneer.
"There will be a few prizes there," he said.
"It will be good."
Tickets for the raffle can be purchased at WIRAC for $2.
For more information on any of the events phone WIRAC on 4661 7995.
Program For Disability Action Week:
- September 6: A free fun day at WIRAC
- September 8: Barefoot bowls at Warwick East Bowls Club
- September 10: Buddy up Golf Day, at the Warwick Golf Club
- September 11: WIRAC morning tea and bowls day
- September 12: Fun day, expo and swim-a-thon
- September 13: Community Options Dance Party at St Mary's Hall.