A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.
A one-year-old has reportedly ingested fuel at a family home in North Rockhampton.

UPDATE: Baby unharmed after ingesting poisonous liquid

UPDATE, 2.40pm: The one-year-old infant who reportedly consumed a small amount of fuel at his family home has not sustained any serious injuries.

Paramedics were first called to the Boronia Close address around 1.30pm.

The little boy was assessed on scene, with no further treatment required.

INITIAL, 1.30pm: Emergency services are responding to a one-year-old child who has reportedly ingested a small amount of fuel.

It is understood the male infant swallowed the chemical around 1.20pm at a Norman Gardens home.

Early reports suggest the child came across the poisonous liquid inside a dog tin at the family home.

He then reportedly suffered a choking incident in the minutes after.

QAS are currently en route.

More to come.



NAMED: Everyone appearing in court today

Premium Content NAMED: Everyone appearing in court today

A full list of who is listed to face charges in Warwick District Court, updated...

The weirdest excuses doled out in Warwick courts

Premium Content The weirdest excuses doled out in Warwick courts

Car envy, stares and more: the bizarre reasons that don’t always fly with Warwick...

Grocery shocker: Lazy Aussies the reason prices to double

Premium Content Grocery shocker: Lazy Aussies the reason prices to double

Jobless Aussies can’t even be paid to move to regions to work