Wanted Warwick man to remain in police custody
A WARWICK man had his charges adjourned in the local magistrates ourt this morning after he was allegedly chased by police through the Southern Downs yesterday.
Jackson Bruce Watson was allegedly spotted by police on Junabee Rd just before 2pm yesterday, which sparked a chase in vehicles and on foot that ended a three-week manhunt.
Detective Sergeant Darren Tamblyn said Mr Watson had been sighted a number of times in Warwick over the past three weeks.
"There's been a fair bit of investigative work in the background to try and locate him and there were extra police and patrols because we knew he was coming back to Warwick," he said.
"Anxiety in police gets high when they're chasing cars at high speed and I think the uniformed police on Sunday acted very professionally and within police service policy."
Police started searching for Jackson Bruce Watson in early May after he was allegedly involved in the theft of a Jeep Compass from Warwick.
Since then, police allege the 23-year-old has committed over 20 offences while travelling between Warwick and Brisbane.
Det-Sgt Tamblyn said Mr Watson allegedly had stolen five cars and broken into homes four times, including allegedly ransacking a home at Deuchar on Friday.
Police also allege he torched a car at Deuchar and drove dangerously including on the wrong side of the road, at Killarney, Maryvale and Yangan.
But on Sunday, Mr Watson was swiftly halted.
Mr Watson was later charged with 25 offences including counts of burglary, arson of a motor vehicle, stealing, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, breaching bail, evading police and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
He had his matters briefly heard at court today but the case was adjourned until August 13.
No bail application was made.