Woman burns down house trying to kill bed bugs

Three people have been injured and 10 have been left homeless after a US woman accidentally set fire to a multi-family home while trying to kill bed bugs.

The woman was reportedly attempting to kill the bugs using rubbing alcohol while she was near a flame, which then started the fire around midnight on Friday in Cincinnati, police said.

The fire heavily damaged the five-unit building and sent three people to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The Red Cross are helping to find housing for three teenagers and seven adults who have been left homeless.

"My House caught fire n got burned down - all my stuff is gone maaaaaan," former resident Kamaron Lyshe wrote on Facebook, alongside a video of the burning building.

 

 

 

 



Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos

Hundreds of kids potentially exposed to footy-field asbestos...

Hundreds of children potentially exposed to asbestos over months.

SICKENED: 'Getting tackled, heads rubbed into the ground'

premium_icon SICKENED: 'Getting tackled, heads rubbed into the ground'

How Collegians found out soil was contaminated with asbestos.

Big banker's amazing double life as cowboy photographer

premium_icon Big banker's amazing double life as cowboy photographer

Banker's weekend passion returns incredible snaps of our region.

Local Partners