Yummy pumpkin soup
YUMMY pumpkin soup, perfect for winter. Ingredients:
- 40g butter
- 1 large brown onion, chopped coarsely
- 200g of diced bacon
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkin, chopped coarsely
- 2 large potatoes approx 600g, chopped coarsely
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- Melt butter in large saucepan; cook onion and bacon, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in pumpkin and potato.
- Stir in stock, bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Blend or process soup, in batches, until pureed. Return to same cleaned pan; stir until heated through.
Serve with some yummy bread.