Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – Win a Romantic Weekend Away
1. By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper.
3. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over the time of entry to be eligible.
4. Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 8.
5. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
6. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943. Permit authorised under NSW/LTPS/16/06233
7. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing Clause 8) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am Wednesday August 10, 2016.
8. The on-line entry form must be completed in full.
• Grafton: www.dailyexaminer.com.au/romanticweekend
• Gympie: www.gympietimes.com.au/romanticweekend
• Ipswich: www.qt.com.au/romanticweekend
• Lismore: www.northernstar.com.au/romanticweekend
• Sunshine Coast: www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/romanticweekend
• Toowoomba: www.thechronicle.com.au/romanticweekend
• Warwick: www.warwickdailynews.com.au/romanticweekend
• Bundaberg: www.news-mail.com.au/romanticweekend
• Wide Bay: www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/romanticweekend
• Gladstone: www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/romanticweekend
• Mackay: www.dailymercury.com.au/romanticweekend
• Rockhampton: www.themorningbulletin.com.au/romanticweekend
9. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (Clause 22).
10. Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win one (1) prize.
11. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
12. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
13. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
14. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
15. One (1) Major prize for one (1) winner comprising the following:
• 3 night’s luxury accommodation in a QT 1 Bedroom Villa at QT Port Douglas including:
• Breakfast for two each morning;
• A Lover’s Hamper on arrival;
• A romantic dinner for two in the Bazaar Interactive Marketplace;
• A SpaQ couples massage including a glass of bubbles;
• A Quicksilver Outer Reef Trip for two people;
• Transfers to and from Port Douglas and Cairns Airport.
• The prize is valid until September 30, 2017.
• The prize is for the accommodation as specified and the inclusions stated in these terms and conditions and does not include any further accommodation, meals, beverages, trips, excursions or Mini Bar purchases.
• The winner is responsible for transport from their home destination to their local airport and back.
• The winner and their companion must travel at the same time and flights cannot be split.
• Retail value of the accommodation package is $2,091.00 (inclusive of GST).
• Australian Regional Media will provide return economy domestic flights for two people to a maximum value of $1,200.00 (inclusive of GST).
• The Romantic Weekend Away package cannot be booked in National School Holidays 2016/2017; December 24, 2016 to January 4, 2017; or Easter 2017.
• The accommodation is subject to availability and is valid until September 30, 2017.
• Terms and Conditions for QT Port Douglas are located at: www.qthotelsandresorts.com/port-douglas/
• Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $3,291.00 (inclusive of GST).
• The winner will be provided flights to and from Cairns departing from their local domestic airport as shown below:
• Daily Mercury - Mackay Airport.
• The Morning Bulletin - Rockhampton Airport.
• The Observer – Gladstone Airport to Brisbane then connecting flight to Cairns Airport.
• NewsMail – Bundaberg Airport to Brisbane Airport then connecting flight to Cairns.
• Fraser Coast Chronicle – Hervey Bay Airport to Brisbane then connecting flight to Cairns Airport.
• The Chronicle - Toowoomba: Wellcamp Airport.
• Warwick Daily News – Warwick: Wellcamp Airport.
• Northern Star – Lismore: Gold Coast Airport.
• Grafton – Daily Examiner: Gold Coast Airport.
16. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
17. The companion of the winner must be at least 18 years of age.
18. Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
19. The winner is responsible for any incidentals or anything charged to the accommodation as per the Port Douglas Policy.
20. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
21. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
22. The competition commences 12:00am Wednesday August 10, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm Tuesday August 23, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
23. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
• Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
• The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
• Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
24. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
25. The prize winners will be selected in an electronic random draw at the APN Newspaper office, Level 5, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am Wednesday August 24, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone.
26. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. Winners will be published in each of the 12 newspaper publications on Saturday August 27, 2016, (please see listing at clause 30).
28. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
29. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
30. Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
• Daily Examiner (Grafton)
• Gympie Times (Gympie)
• QT (Queensland Times) (Ipswich)
• Northern Star (Lismore)
• Sunshine Coast Daily (Maroochydore)
• The Chronicle (Toowoomba)
• Warwick Daily News (Warwick)
• NewsMail (Bundaberg)
• Fraser Coast Chronicle (Maryborough/Hervey Bay)
• Gladstone Observer (Gladstone)
• Daily Mercury (Mackay)
• The Morning Bulletin (Rockhampton)
31. Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required.
32. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
33. All prizes must be collected within 90 days from the draw. Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
34. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
35. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
36. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
37. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
39. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.