Terms and Conditions
Queensland Times (QT) – Win Tickets to The Supercars Promotion
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305;
ABN 94 009 658 244.
- To enter, Contestants must collect and complete the entry form published in the QT, The Chronicle and Warwick Daily News publications between July 11, 2016 and Saturday July 16, 2016 (inclusive).
- Entry forms must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- Place the fully completed entry form in an envelope and address to the following local newspapers:
QT- Win Tickets to The Supercars Promotion; then:
- Deliver to: 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
- Send to: PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
The Chronicle – Win Tickets to The Supercars Promotion; then
- Deliver to: 109 Neil Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350; or
- Send to PO Box 42, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
Warwick Daily News – Win Tickets to The Supercars Promotion
- Deliver to: 50 Albion Street, Warwick Qld 4370; or
- Send to: PO Box 358, Warwick Qld 4370
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period (refer clause 24).
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however can only win once.
- One original entry per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- There will be (five) 5 winners drawn randomly for each newspaper publication consisting of one (1) major prize winner and four (4) minor prize winners each.
Each major prize winner will receive:
- One (1) Double 3 day Trackside Pass including Paddock Pass (2 people)
- One (1) Garage Tour with Supercars Team for 2 people
- Two (2) Supercars Merchandise Packs
- Recommended retail value of each major prize is $1,490.00 each (inclusive of GST).
The four (4) minor prize winners will each receive:
- One (1) double 3 day Trackside Pass including Paddock Pass (2 people)
- Recommended retail value of each minor prize is $290.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- Winners must claim their prizes no later than 5:00pm Thursday July 21, 2016 for the prize to remain valid.
- Prizes are only valid for the Coates Hire Super Sprint Supercars event at Queensland Raceway from 22 – 24 July 2016 and cannot be used at any other Supercar event.
- Passes will not be replaced if lost, misplaced or stolen after delivered to the winners.
- Travel to and from the event, meals and beverages, accommodation and any incidental expense do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $7,950.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Monday July 11, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Monday July 18, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners for each newspaper publication will be selected in a random draw commencing with the major prize draws first followed by the minor prize draws. The prize draws will each take place at the following offices on Tuesday July 19, 2016 at 12:00pm.
- Queensland Times (QT) office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld. 4305.
- The Chronicle, 109 Neil Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
- Warwick Daily News, 50 Albion Street, Warwick Qld 4370.
- Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification of entry.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the QT, The Chronicle and Warwick Daily News Public Notices on Thursday July 21, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person from the winner’s local newspaper office (QT, The Chronicle or Warwick Daily News) and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked by the date specified in the Prizes section of these Terms and Conditions (clause 15).
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
38. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner nor is The Promoter responsible for prizes that are lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner or for delivery via postage or courier.
39. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
40. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
41. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
43. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.