Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – Win a $5,000 Fishing Voucher
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for locations and relevant local newspaper).
- Entry is open to Queensland and NSW Residents only.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
- Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 9.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943. NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/10307.
- The competition commences 12:00am Saturday January 28, 2017 and closes 11:59pm (AEST) Friday February 17, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed as
- To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing below) to register their details in full, commencing 12:00am AEST Saturday January 28, 2017.
- Grafton: www.dailyexaminer.com.au/fishing
- Gympie: www.gympietimes.com.au/fishing
- Ipswich: www.qt.com.au/fishing
- Lismore: www.northernstar.com.au/fishing
- Sunshine Coast: www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/fishing
- Toowoomba: www.thechronicle.com.au/fishing
- Warwick: www.warwickdailynews.com.au/fishing
- Bundaberg: www.news-mail.com.au/fishing
- Wide Bay: www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/fishing
- Gladstone: www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/fishing
- Mackay: www.dailymercury.com.au/fishing
- Rockhampton: www.themorningbulletin.com.au/fishing
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 8).
- Contestants may only enter once.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
PRIZES - Win a $5,000 Fishing Voucher
- One (1) Major prize winner will be selected via electronic random draw from all valid entries received. The prize includes the following:
- One (1) $5,000.00 BCF Voucher redeemable from any BCF outlet.
- Voucher must be redeemed prior to the expiry date on the voucher.
- Terms and conditions of Voucher located at www.bcf.com.au
- Voucher prize will be subject to the terms and conditions of the provider of the voucher (“BCF”) and the expiry date specified by the provider of the voucher.
- Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $5,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected via an electronic random draw at the APN office, Yandina Print Site, 54 Pioneer Road, Yandina Qld 4561 at 11:00am (AEST) Wednesday February 22, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in each of the 12 newspaper publications on Saturday February 25, 2017 (See listing at Clause 28).
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- The winner’s details will be published in the following newspapers:
- Grafton: Daily Examiner
- Gympie: Gympie Times
- Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
- Lismore: Northern Star
- Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily
- Toowoomba: The Chronicle
- Warwick: Warwick Daily News
- Bundaberg: NewsMail
- Maryborough/Hervey Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
- Gladstone: Gladstone Observer
- Mackay: Daily Mercury
- Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
- Prizes must be claimed in person from their local newspaper office unless winner are otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- The prize must be collected within 90 days from the draw.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition at APN Offices, 54 Pioneer Road, Yandina Qld 4561 at 11:00am (AEST) Monday May 22, 2017. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
33. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
34. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
35. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
36. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
38. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.